Location: The Fields in RFK Campus
July 13th and 16th, 2021
July 27th and 30th, 2021
8:00 am – 11:00 am
This summer L.A.C.E.S. will be hosting a Refugee Youth Soccer Camp in the greater Washington D.C. area. This is a fun opportunity for children from all nations and languages to unite over the common language of soccer. We will be providing a soccer camp that is fun, interactive, challenging and meaningful for refugee youth ages 9-14.
To make this camp successful we need 5 volunteers to do various tasks. If you are available on every day or for just a few hours a day we need you!
What you can expect:
Volunteers might be asked to do the following things.
- Register participants on the first day.
- Ensure campers safety to and from the pick-up and drop-off locations.
- Make sure breakfast and snacks are served.
- Make sure water is always available.
- Medical personnel needed.
Dates: July 13th, 16th, 27th and 30th
8am – 11am
If you are not available every day you may indicate dates and times
you are available on the application.
Please click on apply to tell us more about your volunteer interests and availability. After we review your application you will be asked to complete a background check.
To provide a fun, challenging and meaningful summer camp we need coaches who are excited to help refugees feel welcomed through the avenue of soccer.
What you can expect:
Coaches will be responsible for the following things.
- You will have the opportunity to coach 9 – 14-year-olds recently resettled refugees from over 7 different nations.
- Arrive for set-up at 8:00 am each day.
- Coach 8:30 am – 10:30 am.
- 10:30 am – 11:00 am: Lunch and prep work for next day’s activities.
- One head coach and one assistant coach will work with 10 children.
Previous Coaching Experience, knowledge of the game and ability to demonstrate soccer skills.
Has experience playing soccer and knowledge of the game.
Please click on apply to tell us more about your interest and availability. After we review your application you will have to complete a background check.